Jesus Never Fails Part 2
We are learning that Jesus never fails! What man can’t do, Jesus can – for nothing is impossible with God. We learn from the Scriptures that Jesus desires to minister through his church the way he ministered in his earthly ministry (John 14:12). When a church believes that nothing is impossible with God, then amazing things can happen through that community. It can become a place of breakthrough for the city! I believe that the local church has the solution for the problems facing any city. But how much unbelief exists in our society today because the church has lacked the power to bring the help that humanity needs? It is a fact that many think that because the disciples of Jesus failed them, that Jesus failed too. It is crucial that we address the possibility of blaming Jesus for what the Body of Christ didn’t do. To do this I want to look at a day in the life of the disciples of Jesus who failed to set free a boy from demonic control.
Mark chapter 9:14-29
Jesus never fails…
1. … even though the church may have.
· “Teacher I brought you my son…” 9:17
The Body of Christ represents Jesus
· “I asked your disciples to drive out the spirit, but they could not.” 9:18
When the church doesn’t minister like Jesus to people in their crisis, we will fail them.
2. …even though the devil seems to be in control.
· “O unbelieving generation…” Mark 9:19; “little faith” Matthew 17:20
Jesus addresses the root problem for their lack of power – Unbelief.
No matter how long the devil has been entrenched in a life, Jesus can set them free.
· “Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?” “From childhood…” 9:21.
The most vulnerable time for the devil getting a foothold in our lives is childhood.
3. …to destroy the works of the devil.
· “If you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.” Mark 9:22-24
As long as unbelief remains then the devil will remain.
· Did the failure of the disciples create the disappointment and unbelief in the Father?
· “You deaf and mute spirit,” he said, “I command you, to come out of him and never enter him again.” 9:25-27
The demons can’t resist but must submit to the command of Jesus.
· I believe this story is a prophetic promise for KOTN declaring that – parents will bring their broken and bound children of all ages to be set free!
I see a movement of young people who have been set free from the control of the devil standing and positioned to minister to their own generation who is at risk!
“Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him to his feet, and he stood up.” 9:27
Jesus can speak to every area of our life that isn’t free.